ICON Airmada Salient Helmet.
10 years of pushing the envelope, of going above and beyond. A decade of creating technologically advanced products designed by and for the needs of the street rider: you. The Airmada™ is the end result of all our hard-earned experience in an industry that doesn’t tolerate second best. This is our highest evolution of helmet craftsmanship and you’ll realize this from the moment you take off.
The first thing you’ll notice is the new low profile shell, which now comes in four separate sizes to better fit a variety of riders. The energy absorbing dual-density EPS liner uses our rider-preferred oval head form and comes in a further five sizes to offer a personalized fit without an ounce of wasted space. The effort to reduce the helmet size combines with the tough polycarbonate shell to create a helmet that fits better, is ridiculously light, and still maintains the exclusive WORLD STANDARD of ICON to suit your riding style. With fit and function in mind, the designers of the Airmada™ focused on bringing rider comfort to a new level.
The Airmada™ keeps you cool when the pace heats up. The SuperVent™ system has been completely revamped with even more effective ventilation and exhaust porting across the helmet. The new Ventral Primary™ intake improves the Airmada’s™ cooling airflow in ways other helmets can only dream of, and long nights were spent improving the ergonomics and function of the venting controls. Designed and positioned to make on-the-fly adjustments quick and easy, the Airmada™ is built from the ground up to offer perfect comfort for any riding condition.
Even the shield system has been completely redesigned to give riders the best view of the road ahead. The new Rapid Release™ shield removal system allows you to change an ICON Optics™ shield in a fraction of a second. This cutting-edge system allows you to select the right shield for the conditions, all of which produce an unrivaled distortion-free line of sight to what lies ahead. The ICON® Airmada™ once again sets the standard for the ideal street helmet.
ICON Airmada Helmet Features
- Recessed twin channel supervent with industry leading intake and exhaust ports for increased cooling
- Fog-Free ICON Optics Shield with Prolock shield locking system
- Adjustable chin and forehead venting system maintains continual temperature for increased comfort in any riding situation
- Rapid Release shield change system
- Removable molded breath deflector helps prevent fogging
- Fully removable washable HydraDry moisture wicking interiror
- Easy adjust Ergo vent switch for superior AirFlow control
- Available in four shell sizes with an ICON exclusive long Oval Headform for ultimate fit and comfort
- All world standard, meets or exceeds the following: DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (Europe), SAI AS1698 (Australia) and SG (Japan) safety and testing standards. Does not ship with SAI or SG certification stickers.
ICON Airmada Helmet Sizing
Helmet Sizing Information.To achieve proper helmet fitment, begin by finding your head circumference size using the method described below. Remember that the helmet sizing you choose should fit around the crown of your head comfortably with no pressure points. The cheekpads should fit firmly around your face. Once your chin strap is fastened, grab the chin bar of the helmet and move it side to side. Your cheeks should move with the helmet, which should not slide across your face. Different thickness cheekpads can be purchased to obtain the perfect fit.
Head Measurement Instructions.Wrap a flexible tape measure around your head approximately one inch above eyebrows and ears. Use this measurement (in either inches or centimeters) to find your helmet size in the chart below.
| SHELL|| HAT SIZE|| INCHES|| CENTIMETERS|
|XS||6 5/8-6 3/4||20 7/8-21 1/4|| 53-54|
|S||6 7/8-7||21 5/8-22|| 55-56|
|M||7 1/8-7 1/4||22 3/8-22 3/4|| 57-58|
|L||7 3/8-7 1/2||23 1/8-23 1/2|| 59-60|
|XL||7 5/8-7 3/4|| 24-24 3/8|| 61-62|
|2XL||7 7/8-8||24 3/4-25 1/8|| 63-64|
|3XL||8 1/8-8 1/4||25 1/2-26|| 65-66|