Arai XC Open-Face Helmet.
The XC is yet another example of Arai’s decades-long tradition of improving on what works, redefining how open-face helmets can look – and protect. The most telling feature is the extended coverage in the lower jaw-cheek pad area – extending 1 3/16” forward compared to the previous model (and traditional open-face ¾ helmets). While the look may be reminiscent of an ancient Greek warrior’s helmet, the performance is as modern as it comes. The XC provides a measure of lower-jaw protection that’s been missing from previous open-face helmets, which leave that part of the face exposed.
Arai XC Helmet Features
- - Front TDF-2 intake vents and the DDL-4 exhaust vent are a direct take off from the RX-Q. Side Cowl exhausts complete the ventilation upgrade
- New cheek pad design is more similar to the full face helmet style with a full coverage EPS base and removable covers
- Vented neck roll takes advantage of existing airflow from around the rider’s neck to further enhance helmet ventilation by extracting more heat buildup from interior
- Thinner shield arms (pods) provide a more aerodynamic shape. LRS levers assist with shield removal
- DOT and Snell 2010 certified
Arai XC Helmet Sizing
To find the Correct size helmet for a person's head:
- Measure the head circumference one-inch above the eyebrows and ears
- Using the circumference measured, use the size chart below to find the approximate size
- Once you have tried on the helmet it should fell snug equally around the head. The helmet should not feel too tight or too loose at any point around head.
***Please remember that all head shapes vary slightly and that this sizing chart is to be used as a starting guide, not an exact guide.